Dog Tests Positive For Meth After Neighborhood Walk, Owner Sends Warning

A woman’s leisure stroll with her dog took a turn for the worse after the dog found and ate methamphetamine and had to be taken to the vet.

Jen Hunt and her lab, Jagger, went for a walk along the Snoqualmie Valley Trail in King County, Washington, on Sunday.

Hunt noticed Jagger was eating something out of a to-go container, but didn’t think much of it because she assumed he was eating leftover food, she said

When they got home, Jagger didn’t want to get out of the car, which Hunt says is rare for him.

Hunt told KING-TV, “They ran some tests. The tests came back positive for methamphetamine. I think it took a while for us to process what that actually meant.” 

Hunt says Jagger is slowly getting back to normal and wanted to share her story to prevent another family from experiencing this.

Read More Here: Woman’s dog accidentally eats meth while on walk, she issues warning to other pet owners